Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Policy Clarification: Guests and Alcohol

Good morning everyone,

As a part of my role here at UNCW, I serve as a hearing officer in the Office of the Dean of Students.  I hear a lot of cases and know of a lot of you who are documented for having guests present in your apartment with alcohol.

Many of you come to my office and say to me, "but my guests were over 21".  I want to spend today's post clarifying the alcohol policy in regard to guests in your apartment.

In the Code of Student Life, under Section IV, there is a section on Alcohol.  Bullet point #2 under alcohol states:
Residents who are under 21 years of age are not allowed to host people with alcohol regardless of the guest’s age. Non-UNCW students and UNCW students living off-campus are not allowed to bring alcohol into residential facilities.
If you have any further questions about the Code of Student Life, please feel free to contact me or read through the Code of Student Life by clicking here.

Until next time...
Katie

No comments: